Options

NAVISION and Call Centre (VOIP Application) Integration

yksindiayksindia Member Posts: 3
edited 2011-10-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,
A VOIP telephony System to receive customer calls in the call center, needs to be integrated with navision, to process service request or sales order using standard navision forms prefilled with Calling Customers' information based on the caller id. Does anyone have any experience regarding same. Please provide the details how can we achieve it.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that all depends on what the system is able to do. Some systems are able to write into SQL table who is calling to which number. In this way you can find out from NAV the correct call for the current user (if you know his phone number and the phone number of the customer) and prefill the data. I think this will be the easiest way...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    As Kine said it depends on what VOIP application is able to do and also what NAV suppose to do.

Generally these applications have their own database and can transfer call info by web services, sp or direct db access. Appropriate transfer method depends on your security policy, performance issues...

In this kind of implementations, I generally create a call log and a buffer table for order processing. Call Log is required for consistency between databases and also as a base record linked to derived documents (order, invoice etc.) Buffer table may not be required if you won't experience performance problem but if call quantity is huge then you should move records to be processed from call log to this buffer table for batch processing of order. Otherwise you may experience table lock and slowness issues.

If you suppose to trigger events in NAV (e.g open order when IVR receive a call) you should request Call Center application components which provides event handlers. You can use this objects as automation in NAV and trigger required process on its event calls.

Hope this helps.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft