Empty Posting of Cash Receipt document type

nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
Hi all,

one of the user run the customer payment receipt & unable to view the records after august 31. it turns out after my investigation that during posting the documents type was empty.

how i did my investigations, check from financial mgt> account receivables> history register>
filter by Creation Date 01-09-11.., and i saw a whole lists of documents there with source code as:PAYMENTJNL,
BUT when i go to customer ledger entries> filter by posting dates: 01-09-11.., i saw lists of documents with empty documents type!

2 questions: a)will there be issues in the g/l or closing since empty documents was posted?
b)if i re-create the payment receipt, and post against customer invoice, will that caused any discrepancies
in customer ledger entries, customer balance etc etc?

Answers

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    nikeman77 wrote:
    a)will there be issues in the g/l or closing since empty documents was posted?

Period Closing (Close Income Statement) has nothing to do with document type and there will be no problems.
    nikeman77 wrote:
    if i re-create the payment receipt, and post against customer invoice, will that caused any discrepancies

You can always reverse the old entry and repost it with correct values.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    ssingla wrote:
    nikeman77 wrote:
    a)will there be issues in the g/l or closing since empty documents was posted?

Period Closing (Close Income Statement) has nothing to do with document type and there will be no problems.
    nikeman77 wrote:
    if i re-create the payment receipt, and post against customer invoice, will that caused any discrepancies

You can always reverse the old entry and repost it with correct values.

hi ssingla,

thanks for replying, so i will reverse all the wrongly created entries and recreate new ones as suggested.
    just for my knowledge when there is empty document type posting to the customer account what will happen?
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi nikeman,

I thought so... we were talking about this topic a month ago: viewtopic.php?p=240219#p240219 :) If you have payment discounts, there should be differences on the C/L entries.

with best regards

Jens
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    jglathe,

No effecting of any balances on customer ledger entries et al ?

if its so i'll advise user to perform a reverse entry of that sort and re-create a payment entry.