Options

Upgrading AX2009 to AX2012 (USR Layer)

patelashlesh83patelashlesh83 Member Posts: 54
edited 2011-10-14 in Dynamics AX
I am in the process to upgrading AX2009 to AX2012.

While performing the compilation step after the 1.5 hr compilation process my AX2012 application is closed automatically (without any inforlog message or warning). Now i have restarted the application but this time it has loaded the Application content area without prompt me with the 'Code Upgrade checklist' to recompile the application.

Now the issue is i am not able to open a single dialog while clicking on anything in the application content area.

I can do 'Ctrl + D' to open the AOT but not able to open (execute) any entity in AOT by doing rightclick on it and select 'Open'.

I have already downloaded the Demo/Developer license from the partnersource for AX2012.

Note: After performing the "Import label files into the new model store" step in the "Code upgrade checklist", i am clicking on the "Restart Appliation Object Server" to restart the AOS but it is not restarting the AOS but only prompts the infolog message to perform "Mark as complete" after restarting. So at that time when i am manually restarting the AOS from "Services", the next time on the AX2012 aplication startup it doesnt prompt for the "Code Upgrage checklist" and starts the AX2012 with the content area. [Now i am not able to open a single form by clicking on anything]

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashlesh Patel

Comments

• Options
    patelashlesh83patelashlesh83 Member Posts: 54
    I am only concern with the 'Code Upgrade' process. Is there any preprocess settings required for this?

I have already backup the *.aod files (SYS and USR layer) because my all customization resides in USR layer.

Regards,
    /Ashlesh Patel