Options

Problems starting webservice service on NAV2009

marvinqvistmarvinqvist Member Posts: 53
edited 2011-10-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hi experts,

I have installed a NAV2009 (not SP1/R2) CSide Client, RTC Client and ServiceTier. Everything works fine but the Webservice service will not start.

When starting up the “Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Services” service I get the following error: “The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.”

If I look in the event viewer I get the information: “The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Services service entered the stopped state.”

What is the problem? I have never seen this error before; it usually works just after ordinary setup. The “CustomSettings.config” must be correct; else the RTC should not work. Both the “Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Service” and the “Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server” logs on as “Network Service”. Do they need any particular rights in the SQL and/or NAV that I might have not set right?

I have seen similar problems regarding timezone in R2, but in 2009 (plain) I guess this is not the case.

Please help

/Best Marvin

Comments