Automated Purchase Accruals

leewhite1234leewhite1234 Member Posts: 45
I have a client who wants to automatically post accruals for released POs, then have the accruals reverse when purchase invoices are posted from the POs. Does anyone know of a third-party application that handles this? I don't want to re-invent something that may have a tested solution.

The approach I'm looking at is to add a GL column to the gen. bus. posting setup to hold the accrual account, add a table to hold accrual in/out records and then use a batch routine that would be run at night to compare the accrual entries based on the value of qty ordered against the value of qty received and post an accrual GL entry +/- for the difference. The issue for me has been what triggers the accrual posting, which is why i've opted for the batch routine rather than try to use the PO release or invoice posting routines to trigger an accrual adjustment.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Normally Accruals happens on the receipt of PO and not on release of PO. In the former case Expected Cost feature of NAV will suffice your requirement.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • leewhite1234leewhite1234 Member Posts: 45
    Thank you for the reply.

The POs for this client are service-related, not inventory; therefore there isn't any receipt, just the posting of the vendor invoice. The customer is liable for payment of the services once the PO is released to the vendor and they want to ensure that the accrual is posted when the final PO is issued.

I will test forcing receipt documents to always post and see if an expected cost entry is posted, but since there is no inventory involved, it doesn't seem that a GL entry would be posted.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    If no items are involved then you need to customize or if you are lucky then somebody will have a add-on for this.

Contact local Microsoft/Partner people to know about any add-on availability.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in