Bank rec with 2 bank accts and 1 G/L

navuser99navuser99 Member Posts: 14
We have added a second bank account and are running into an issue with the bank reconciliation as the G/L balance is for both bank accounts.

Is it possible to do bank rec in Navision for two bank accounts that post to one GL cash account? If so, how?

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Standard option of Bank Recociliation (General Ledger - Cash Management- Bank Account Reconciliation) always work Bank Account wise and not by the account defined in Bank Account Posting Group. So you should be able to do reconciliation for n number of banks even if they have the same G/L account mapped.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • navuser99navuser99 Member Posts: 14
    The issue with the standard bank rec is that it populates the GL balance and uses that to reconclile to the bank account. However when there are two bank accounts hitting the same GL account it doesn't reconcile when you look at each bank individually (because the GL acct balance contains transactions from both bank accts).

Is there a work around or am I missing something?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    navuser99 wrote:
    The issue with the standard bank rec is that it populates the GL balance and uses that to reconclile to the bank account. However when there are two bank accounts hitting the same GL account it doesn't reconcile when you look at each bank individually (because the GL acct balance contains transactions from both bank accts).

Is there a work around or am I missing something?

I have never found bank reconciliation the way you are stating. The whole process don't even refer to G/L account or G/L Entries. Either there is some customization in your database or some localization feature.

One of the main reason of using sub-ledgers (customer/vendor/bank ledger) is to stop filling of Chart of Accounts with indivisual accounts. I can see no reason why bank reconciliation with go against that principle.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in