Default ZUP file for different users

TomekJotTomekJot Member Posts: 23
Hello All, could you confirm, that it is imposible to set a kind of "default zup" file with appropriate columns set (hide/unhide, size etc.), and use such file for different users (in replacement of "standard" zup, which is set by Nav when you open the program)?
I am curious about this, thanks for your help!

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    TomekJot wrote:
    Hello All, could you confirm, that it is imposible to set a kind of "default zup" file with appropriate columns set (hide/unhide, size etc.), and use such file for different users (in replacement of "standard" zup, which is set by Nav when you open the program)?
    I am curious about this, thanks for your help!

No because it's not. :wink:
    David Singleton
  • TomekJotTomekJot Member Posts: 23
    David thanks for the reply :) so is this really possible? Could you give me some general idea or where I can find this info, thanks in advance.
    Because I tried to use for example my zup file, for different users and it didn't work in that way.
  • andrew_ITandrew_IT Member Posts: 2
    1. Delete your ZUP file
    2. Login to Navision
    3. modify the forms etc to the settings required
    4. Log out
    5. Copy ZUP file to Network Location and rename to useful file name
    Repeat for each type of ZUP file you wish to create

Outside of Navision, use a Netlogon script to copy the approprioate ZUP file from the network location to the user profile location as , or a batch file in the startup (All Users), and rename it in the process.

This always resets the users settings to the settings you require for them to start with, even if the change it during the day.
  • TomekJotTomekJot Member Posts: 23
    Andrew_IT thanks for your help - I went through such process before but manually, but the result wasn't good. But after your post I've checked everything again and I found that my "default" .zup file it's working okay. The problem is, that there is some add-on solution in the implementation -and forms from this add-on doesn't work in this way.