Populate Gen. Prod. Posting group for G/L line in CM line

wangjanymwangjanym Member Posts: 21
Hi, I hope someone give me some idea what to do. I am running Nav 2009 R2 Classic and I want the system to automatically Gen. Prod. Posting group by copying from header to credit memo line when G/L accounts are entered. It seems that regular items are working that way but not G/L accounts. I think I created a function in Oninsert and created a code in function to copy the Gen. Prod. Posting group information to line but I get "The expression Code cannot be type-converted to a Option value". I think this is first time I try copy something in option field. What am I doing wrong?

Any idea will be appreciated. Have a great day.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Gen. Prod. Posting Group is copied from G/L Account when you create a sales or purchase line and it works just like items.
    I think you have missed something or I am unable to understand what you mean by coping from header and there is no option field involved. Further Gen. Prod. Posting Group does not exist on the header table.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • wangjanymwangjanym Member Posts: 21
    Mr. Sandeep. I think you are absolutely correct on that. I did look at sales header table and noticed that this was a custom field and had a code against credit memo. So I think I know what to do.

Thanks,