Error 1069: The service didn't start due to a longon failure

ChowdaryChowdary Member Posts: 148
Hi All

I'm getting the following error when I'm starting NAS in services(.msc)
Error 1069: The service didn't start due to a logon failure

any help?
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    It means that the windowslogin you use for the service has no rights to connect to your DB. You should use a user for the service that is allowed to connect to your DB.

PS: http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=15
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ChowdaryChowdary Member Posts: 148
    edited 2012-05-07
    Hi kriki

As I see on your link, I long-in windows as administrator and trying to start Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server with the same log-in(as windows log-in).

I'm getting the following (attached) error:
    The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other service or programs.
    Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    It is not the user that starts the service that is important but the user the service uses. You can see that in the properties of the service (in the Log On tab).
    But yours seem to be another problem.
    Probably you don't have added a startup parameter. This parameter serves to tell the NAS WHAT he has to do (Codeunit 1 Function "NASHandler" with ID 99). So this function checks the parameter and than does something and then stops.
    If you don't specify a parameter, the function does nothing and exits.

If you have specified a parameter, probably you run some codeunit that does something and then exits and then the NasHandler function exits and the NAS stops. UNLESS... your codeunit is a singleinstance codeunit that has some way to be triggered by some external process (e.g. also the timer-automation is some external process).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!