Save the sorting of a form w/o using keys

terjekjterjekj Member Posts: 7
How do I set any form to keep the settings for sorting an user have choosen of a form - but not coding.

Ie. open Item list-form, choose to sort by Seach Name. Exit the form , and next time you would like to have the form opened as you left it last time.

I do not want to code it by using a certain key - users might select different sorting.

I reckoned there was a property for this... Can it be that in Citrix this does not work ?

Reordering (hide/show) columns work.. - ie. is kept for next time.

NAv 2009.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    It would help if you would correctly explain what you are doing, becasue if you were doing what you say you are then it would work exactly as you expect. 8)

From looking at your screen shot, my guess is that you are not actually opening up the list form. What you are really doing (I think) is opening the Item CARD, and there you are using the Lookup function which uses the list form. Of course this will (logically) use the current sorting off the Item Card, so each time you press F5 the sorting will go back to what you set it to (probably sort by Item No.).

So taking a guess at what you really wanted to ask; try sorting the Item CARD form BEFORE you press F5 then it will be remembered by the card and transferred to the list next time you press F5.
    David Singleton
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi terjekj,

normally the sorting order (and filters) are saved with the property SaveTableView of the form set to "yes". The ordering of columns is saved with SaveControlInfo (or so). Since this works on your Citrix, saving/reading from the .zup file does work properly.

There can be circumstances which prevent the that the saved key is being used. For example:

- If there is key-altering code in OnOpenForm of the form.
    - If the record is set with a certain key and the form called with the record.

HTH

with best regards

Jens