Options

net.tcp://localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service" is either

PiotrSPiotrS Member Posts: 3
edited 2011-10-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Guys

I have looked for that topic in forum archive, and i found few similars questions, but i havent answers that could fix my problem.

So
I have fresh instalation of NAV 2009 R2 on fresh instalation of Windows Server 2008 with SQL Server 2005. I have downloaded and installed all accessible updates form Microsoft Update.

Then I have installed middle tier of NAV 2009 (which is workin), RTC, and restored Cronus database on SQL Server v. 2005 with classic client.

Windows accout (which is used when i run RTC has Super role in NAV)

When i start RTC i get message about Cronus company ("This is demonstration company Cornus ...") what gives certainty that i have logged to the database and middle tier is workin.
After confirmation Cronus message i get message :>"net.[url=tcp://localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service]tcp://localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service[/url]" is either unavailable or your connection has been lost. Do you want to attempt to reconnect<
After i press 'Yes' i get another message: "The connection to the server has been lost. The application will close." And this is end of story :)

I have tryied to change profile for my user, what was suggested by some posts about that topic before, but it didn't help.

I cant debug RTC client now, i expect that debbuging can gives me some clue.

Do u have any experiences with situation like that?

Thx for any response.

Regards
Piotr

BTW NAV 2009 SP1 works correctly, but i need R2 :)
and there is no possibility (in my opinion) to run RTC R2 and middle tier service SP1 (cose version of both have to be the same)

Answers

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi PiotrS,

The Problem that you mentioned ""net.[url=tcp://localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service]tcp://localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service[/url]" is either unavailable or your connection has been lost. Do you want to attempt to reconnect" occurs due to some certain settings in SQL Server. you can go to SQL Server Managment Studio and run Some queries.

You can find format of quires at -http://saurav-nav.blogspot.com/2011/05/change-listener-error-in-microsoft.html

USE MASTER
    CREATE LOGIN [ReplaceWithNAVServerAccount] FROM WINDOWS;
    GO

USE [ReplaceWithYourDatabaseName]
    CREATE USER [ReplaceWithNAVServerAccount] FOR LOGIN[ReplaceWithNAVServerAccount];

CREATE SCHEMA [$ndo$navlistener] AUTHORIZATION[ReplaceWithNAVServerAccount];
    GO

ALTER USER [ReplaceWithNAVServerAccount] WITH DEFAULT_SCHEMA = [$ndo$navlistener];
    GRANT SELECT ON [Object Tracking] TO [ReplaceWithNAVServerAccount];
    GO

You may find errors in some quires, go ahead and run all quires, then restart the service and start Role Tailored Client.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani
    http://saurav-nav.blogspot.com/

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    PiotrSPiotrS Member Posts: 3
    Saurav Dhyani
    Great thanks!

It helped.

I tryed to do it with 2 accounts:
    1st it was account which is sa for SQL but is not administrator of computer, and it didnt helped.
    When i did it for account which is sa for SQL and admin for computer RTC has started to work properly.

Many thanks again

Regards
    Piotr
  • Options
    ChowdaryChowdary Member Posts: 148
    postsaurav wrote:
    [ReplaceWithNAVServerAccount]

Hi

My NAV Server running under local system account, what should I replace here ?
    Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work