Options

Use same RTC client on development system and another system

davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
edited 2011-10-07 in NAV Three Tier
I have a developer install of NAV2009R2 (all 3 tiers on same PC).
Is it possible for me to configure my RTC to point to an application tier on another server by changing the CustomSettings.config to point to the other application tier?
I tried changing it and my RTC still connected to my local application tier.
After I rebooted, it did connect, but used my computer name instead of my login name as the user id.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    pawanppawanp Member Posts: 90
    Kindly change the database server value in the custom config file to the server you want to point and restart the service "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server".

Open RTC click on the button Microsoft Dynamics NAV and click Select Server. in the server address enter ServerYouWantToPoint:7046/DynamicsNAV

If you dont want to use WindowsAuthentication and type username manually then
    Goto to file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV/ClientUserSettings.config
    Change ClientCredentialType value as "UserName" and when you restart RTC you will a dialog box to enter Username and password.
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Thanks - I had one of our more infratructure savvy guys lead me through overriding it when it failed.
    I had not noticed the username option.

I think the main problem is having a full local install and a multi-tier install.
    I am going to have to figure out how to bounce between them easily.

Eventually I may just use my application tier to talk to local and remote servers - maybe using multiple NAV servers.
    I am working on making NAV work well in a WAN environment.