Apply Customer Entries- Pmt. Discount Amount on Shortpay

Murray9046Murray9046 Member Posts: 30
I have a 2009 R2 client entering a deposit. They are applying entries. Some of the entries they want to shortpay but also to take a discount based on what they have paid. I cannot get the system to take a discount if I modify the Amount to Apply field. The customer reports that for the same customer, sometimes it takes the discount and sometimes it doesn't. I see some Detailed Customer Ledger Entries showing an Entry Type of Payment Discount for this customer but I can't figure out how to make it work on the Apply Customer Entries.
Can anyone help???

Comments

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

just a guess: If it sometimes works, I would suspect the document type:

- if the document type of the deposit is empty, no discount calculation occurs
    - if the document type of the payment is empty, no discount calculation is occurring as well.

The same is true for payment tolerances.

with best regards

Jens
  • Murray9046Murray9046 Member Posts: 30
    There are no blank Document types involved. Here's what I have come to think, but I would REALLY like confirmation from someone in the know. I found a post http://www.navision-girl.com/2007/04/pa ... ce-is.html

When I tested a sample, if I am trying to partial pay an invoice with a payment, the Amount to Apply must be for the full amount left on the invoice or the box for Pmt. Disc. Amount at the bottom of the
    Apply Entries screen doesn't change. The Pmt. Disc. Amount shows an amount for all of the invoices I applied payment to in full until I enter an Applies to ID on a record for which the Amount to Apply is not the same as the Remaining Amount. Then it won't take a payment discount,

Is that right? So the reason why it would take the payment discount sometimes for the customer and other times not is because sometimes when they applied the payment, it would be to more or more invoices that weren't being paid in full?