option field

dineshkumarcserdineshkumarcser Member Posts: 34
hello Friends,

i need help of technical person

what i want to know is

i have 2 option field in a table

values of option field 1 is = 1,2
values of option field 2 is = a,b,c,d,e,f

in a form if option field1 is 1 then values shows is option field 2 is only a,b,c,d

and if option field1 is 2 then values shows in option field 2 is e,f

i want this things in form
plz help me

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    You need to explain what you are actually trying to do. The sample only shows the technical aspect, it does not show the business reason of what you need to do. With out knowing that there are many options to do this, but we can't tell you the correct one.
    David Singleton
  • dineshkumarcserdineshkumarcser Member Posts: 34
    In a new customize table or form if type prospect then option shown in a field is end user,new user
    and if type is existing customer then option shown in a field is mail,verbal,phonecall
    technical persons plz help me its very imp
  • SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    Is it likely that the values need to change? What happens if there comes a 3 value in field 1?
    One way is to make field2 look into a seperate table. Then build the filter into the tablerelation.

Have a look at "Variant Code" in Item translation, and "No." field in Sales Line for inspiration.
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself
    i have only two values for field one
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    dinesh wrote:
    In a new customize table or form if type prospect then option shown in a field is end user,new user
    and if type is existing customer then option shown in a field is mail,verbal,phonecall
    There is no inherent relation between "end user, new user, mail, verbal, phonecall".
    I'd suggest you use 2 seperate fields: one of user type(end user, new user) and preferred contact method (mail, verbal, phonecall)
    Don't make it hard on yourself
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    any sr. technical person can tell me this or this is not possible in navision
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    I agree to what sog said - use two seperate fields for values with different purpose.

Now to the technical side [-X : You can list valid values in the properties of the control. Create two controls, each with the set of allowed values. Then dependig on option 1 show one or the other control to the user.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    any sr. technical person can tell me this or this is not possible in navision

Why are you asking technical people to solve a business problem. Please read the good advise given to you above. Then go back to the person that designed this, tell them it is wrong and tell them to go back and redesign it. You don't just write bad code to fix a bad design.
    David Singleton