Cursor to remain on same line

HenningThHenningTh Member Posts: 59
Hi all

I feel a little off the beat here - have tried a lot of code but cannot make it work properly.

Case:
Have a tubular form with some lines - when pressing a button calling another form - doing some stuff there - then returning by closing the latter form. The cursor insist on placing it self on the last line in the form when returning.
I just have to make it stand on the line where "I left it when calling the other form".

Anyone having a good code example as I have tried a lot og things without any sucess. Have also tried to search in here and other places.

Thnaks in advance

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    it all depends on what you do in that function..maybe you do a findlast before calling the form, or maybe you pass Rec of the first form with the "var" flag in some function and you do a findlast in that function...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • HenningThHenningTh Member Posts: 59
    Belias wrote:
    it all depends on what you do in that function..maybe you do a findlast before calling the form, or maybe you pass Rec of the first form with the "var" flag in some function and you do a findlast in that function...

Hi Belias
    Thanks for replying - The problem is that it always positions itself on the last line when returning from the other form.
    I have a form with - say 45 lines - and standing on line 23 when calling the other form. When I return the cursor position is line 45, not 23. The challenge is to have it to position itself to line 23 (users cannot always remember which case they were about to deal with).
  • SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    You most likely have too much code going on :)
    Have a look at how the dimensions are called from sales order subform.
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself