Test posting of document

ponury20ponury20 Member Posts: 11
Hello,
Is there any possibility of doing test post report of document (eg. Order or Invoice)? I do not need this standard report that gives me only simple data about vendor. What my client need is a proper list of generated G/L Entries with amounts. Is there some standard procedure to get this kind of result? If not, does anyone had this kind of issue during his/her work? Is it hard to code the functionality?
My idea - to change most of the objects used in posting proces to recognize the test posting and do not do any commits, insert g/l entires in temp table, use temp table on report, and generate error to rollback transaction. I believe it will be hard to acomplish and error-prone.

Comments

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    No, there is no standard document
    and Yes, the requirement has been requested.
    No, there is no standard procedure, and Yes it has been developped an shared on this forum.
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22748
    There was another post which I can't seem to find back.
    It was someting about how to show the contents of a temporary table in the posting routine with all the g/l's.
    That you might use to create a report on.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • ponury20ponury20 Member Posts: 11
    Thank you Sog, this is beautiful!!

Now I just need to find out how to rollback all the chages with other tables (Vendor Ledger Entry and others)