database test : field relationships between tables

kamel.hedikamel.hedi Member Posts: 61
edited 2005-01-31 in Navision Financials
FIELD RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN TABLES

Does a batch routine that do the task below exists ?
    - Run the database test (
field relationships between tables)
    - Create a text file in which we save all error messages generated by the database test
HKAMEL

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can use the command prompt parameters to run it from some batch :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kamel.hedikamel.hedi Member Posts: 61
    Thanks Kine
    But i don't find this batch file and i m not able to create him, at least in this stade ?
    I m a new developer in Navision and i don't know how to manipulate messages generated by Navision database test : perhaps i have no permission to accede to this messages!!![/b]
    HKAMEL
    if you run

fin.exe dbtest=max testtarget=<somefilepath>

and you add apropriate parameters to connect to DB, it will create log file with all errors. But it is problem that it inlcude all test. You cannot select only relationships test.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    i have run

fin.exe dbtest=max, testtarget=<desired file that contains errors>

but the Navision Financials 2.60 don't recognize this program property (testtarget).

I have not find testtarget neither in the PDF Document INSTALLATION & SYSTEM MANAGEMENT: DATABASE SERVER of Navision 2.60 nor in the Application.

I have used MBS Navision 3.70 to make the DB test and to create a file that contains all errors generated by the test : IT WORKS!!!!!

THANKS KINE & HAPPY TO BE IN MIBUSO.COM
    HKAMEL
  • Ian_piddigntonIan_piddignton Member Posts: 92
    The function to save to a target was only added in 3.70

Ian
    Ah, sorry, I forget that this is Navision Financials section... Yes, this parameter is only for 3.70>.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I have used Navision 3.70 to save errors in a target, and i get a Word_file of 1500 pages (all of them in testing "field relationships between tables")

The question is DOES ALL OF THESE ERRORS SHOULD BE FOUND IF I HAVE USED NAVISION FINANCIALS 2.60 ? : Does exist erros generated because i have open a financial 2.60 database with the Navision 3.70 ?
    HKAMEL
    If it is list for relationship test, answer is YES. Because if you do technical upgrade to 3.70, there are no changes in objects (in relationships) and that is why all errors are existing in 2.60 too...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    thanks kine.
    i hope that i will enjoy my time with all of those errors.
    HKAMEL