Read the size of a BLOB record

PloegPloeg Member Posts: 70
Hi,

I'm pretty new to NAV, so I stumbled over the following issue:
I've imported (using NAV) a few images in a database in BLOB records. The next thing I want to do is read the size of the image in a record, with the size of the BLOB I then can mark an image if it is usable on reports.

This is what I've got so far (an example):
Image on C:\Image1.BMP (12 Kb) --> import in BLOB using NAV Classic

This is what I want:
Read size of BLOB record using NAV Classic --> Mark the record usable according to size (< 32Kb)

Hope you guys can help.

Kind regards,
Martijn

Answers

• MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    I think what you want to do isn't really needed. The 32 KB limit is only for external images, if you use a path in an image control. If you use a blob and a picture box on the report ( also works on forms ), you can use bigger BMP's ( as i just tried out with an almost 1 MB BMP file ).

IF you still want to get the size, the only way i can see is to export them and then get the size of the file. As far as i can see there is no way of telling the size of the contents of the blob directly.
  • PloegPloeg Member Posts: 70
    Ah, that sounds great. Stupid that I didn't try it first!

I saw that "they" read the BLOB size of a record in one of my add-ons, but I don't have rights to view or design the object that does the trick.

Ah well, if there are no realistic limitations in size for the BLOBs then my problem is solved.

Thanks for the quick reply!