Transfers without stock control

grilligrilli Member Posts: 33
Hello friends

I need to make transfers without stock control. I'm in serious trouble to do so.

I hope your answer, I'm mad.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    grilli wrote:

I need to make transfers without stock control. I'm in serious trouble to do so.

What does that mean?
    David Singleton
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    grilli wrote:

What does that mean?

He is asking to do away with the requirement of having inventory in hand to do stock transfer.

P.S. grilli : In case you do away with this condition than you run the risk of messing inventory valuation/application.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • grilligrilli Member Posts: 33
    Why affect inventory valuation? What I want is to remove the control that forces you to have stock in the warehouse of origin of transfer. I tried to comment on the error but does not generate the movements correctly.

Anyone know any solution to bypass the control, but that does not affect the movimentos generation.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    My question is how do you physically transfer something that doesn't exist? Now, I know, the answer will be "it exist just not in NAV". So my next question will be "why not?" and isn't that the real problem?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    bbrown wrote:
    My question is how do you physically transfer something that doesn't exist? Now, I know, the answer will be "it exist just not in NAV". So my next question will be "why not?" and isn't that the real problem?

And in a few months time we will see a new post
    Inventory valuation is wrong... Please help
    David Singleton
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    grilli wrote:
    Why affect inventory valuation? What I want is to remove the control that forces you to have stock in the warehouse of origin of transfer. I tried to comment on the error but does not generate the movements correctly.

Anyone know any solution to bypass the control, but that does not affect the movimentos generation.
    You need to understand the design of inventory valuation in NAV. The cost in negative inventory transactions flows from the positive entry. In case of transfer the positive transaction is required before posting of negative transaction.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    I know it makes sense to make a stock transfer without previously but I need to skip validation. I need a solution because I do not know how to do it without affecting the rest of the process.
    grilli wrote:
    I know it makes sense to make a stock transfer without previously but I need to skip validation. I need a solution because I do not know how to do it without affecting the rest of the process.

The solution is to have the inventory in NAV. NAV should reflect reality.
    grilli wrote:
    ...I do not know how to do it without affecting the rest of the process.

Could you explain "the rest of the process"? Maybe we're not understanding becuase we don't have enough information.
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    bbrown wrote:
    grilli wrote:
    The solution is to have the inventory in NAV. NAV should reflect reality.
    Exactly my thoughts! For very good reasons you cannot transfer something that does not exist in NAV.

[You are only thinking in "how do I code this". But for this process it is simply wrong! Go back to the planning table and start over]

If you need to transfer it anyway this means the goods were "found" (somehow you have something in the Warehouse which was not posted in NAV). So think about where the goods came from and do a posting (maybe a positive adjustment, return receipt, it depends on the process). Only transfer the goods after that. Think about the value of this posting!

But as bbrown said:
    bbrown wrote:
    Could you explain "the rest of the process"? Maybe we're not understanding becuase we don't have enough information.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
    Help me!!! Please...

](*,)
    grilli wrote:
    Help me!!! Please...

](*,)

We're trying. How do you want us to help you? You seem to be stuck to a process which you have not describd. Our point is the process is likely part of the problem. You need to step back and rethink it. How can you transfer something that doesn't exist? And if it does exist, why is it not in NAV?
    I need to make transfers of products without stock, but commenting standard error in codeunit 22 the movements not done correctly and not apply.

Any ideas????? ](*,)
    grilli wrote:
    I need to make transfers of products without stock, but commenting standard error in codeunit 22 the movements not done correctly and not apply.

Any ideas????? ](*,)

We've heard that and that's the part you need to rethink.