pdf in attachment

denskie2denskie2 Member Posts: 5
Hi,

I currently use pdfcreator to generate a PDF from our purchase orders in Navision.
I autosave it to a location and need it to open a e-mail afterwards and attach the pdf.

However, i use pdfcreator on a print server as i dont want to make these settings for every user.
Now when they print a pdf, the pdf is saved on the location specified, but the e-mail gets created on the print server and not on the client.

How can i make this work?
I already tried saving in a public location, but that also didnt work...

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    denskie2 wrote:
    However, i use pdfcreator on a print server as i dont want to make these settings for every user.
    Now when they print a pdf, the pdf is saved on the location specified, but the e-mail gets created on the print server and not on the client.

I already tried saving in a public location, but that also didnt work...

Your PDF file is in Client machine and you are preparing e-mail in ServeR?
  • denskie2denskie2 Member Posts: 5
    yes, i'm using the server version of pdfcreator.

Is i use the client setup i need to make the setting seperate for every user in the office.
    bit it works after that.

so the client opens the oders, prints it to the pdfcreator printer. then a e-mail should pop-up with the pdf attached.
    hi,

we are using Dynamics NAV 3.01B, MED1.00.111 (4.0 SP3)

So our navision looks different.
    I also cant use file-> send -> e-mail.
    This will only place the location of the order in the subjet, but not the order itself...
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I've used pdfcreator just a few times (and i've never used the server version)...but how do you send the email? is there a pdfcreator function like: "pdfcreator.sendasemail"?
    if not how do you send the email, can you post the code?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Check this post also
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18331

Search the forum, you will get lot of posts on how to save report in pdf and attached to mail
    well, i just need the pdf to automaticly attach to a e-mail without any pop-ups.
    so just select the print, hit ok and the e-mail pops up.

also, we dont use this on the same place every time, so thats why we decided to make a printer who can do this this, instead of the navision program.

There is a way, but then i need to make these setting in every users profile...
  • tonyzonytonyzony Member Posts: 7
    denskie2 wrote:
    well, i just need the pdf to automaticly attach to a e-mail without any pop-ups.
    so just select the print, hit ok and the e-mail pops up.

also, we dont use this on the same place every time, so thats why we decided to make a
    printer ink who can do this this, instead of the navision program.

There is a way, but then i need to make these setting in every users profile...

Hi, cool! ive been searching google and also this thread is in the result. Anyway, after the comment of belias below, i was now thinking if you can macro over this? if you are saving the pdf on the same file with the same format, them this could be easy.. (if you have knowledge in macro, which i dont have any.. XD)

Belias wrote:
    I've used pdfcreator just a few times (and i've never used the server version)...but how do you send the email? is there a pdfcreator function like: "pdfcreator.sendasemail"?
    if not how do you send the email, can you post the code?

Update:

Ive been reading about the uniprint server.. seems like its also one software or something that converts the document to pdf..