Navision Email

sarmigsarmig Member Posts: 89
Hello there.

Today I was asked to do something a bit more "hard core" than I'm used to.

I was asked to work with emailing in Navision.

So, for now, I need to know how to add multiple recipients to an email message.

I know the codeunit mail already has the OpenNewMessage function, but, from what I could tell, it only adds one email contact at a time. Is there another function, or a way to edit that function, so that I can add emails directly from a table?

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
  • sarmigsarmig Member Posts: 89
    Can you develop on that?
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Guys (Girls?), this is not going anywhere.

First you need to explain what function you want to use to send emails. There are several ways to do that, for example via outlook (mail codeunit) or via SMTP (Smtp codeunit).

These are standard solutions in the base app.

On top of that you can develop your own interface, also with outlook, exchange, SMTP, or another mail app.

A very basic trick to send mails to multiple recipients is to poulate the email field with more addresses separated with a ';'
    I almost did it, but now I have another question.

I am using the notepad application in order to store text, and now I need to be able to sent that text as the email body. Is there a way to do that?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Guys (Girls?), this is not going anywhere.

First you need to explain what function you want to use to send emails. There are several ways to do that, for example via outlook (mail codeunit) or via SMTP (Smtp codeunit).

These are standard solutions in the base app.

On top of that you can develop your own interface, also with outlook, exchange, SMTP, or another mail app.

I have been using "database mail" utility of SQL server with lot of success for a client. The problem with SMTP we felt was that it used to disable the system while sending email, meaning the user cannot do anything in NAV till the mails are sent. The sales order posting was trigerring mutiple invoice formats in multiple mails to various reciptent. Sending a mail thru SMTP took around 1-2 minutes. The trick we did was to call sql stored procedure to send the mail.
    Can somebody critically comment on the approach. Any cons of the approach are welcome.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    I managed to do what I wanted. Had to change the Attachment Management codeunit a little bit.

But now I have to face another challenge...

Right now, I am able to choose a list of contact, write the email body content in a notepad and send that content automatically without even seeing anything (what I mean is, I don't have to use Outlook to send the emails). But, is it possible to receive a delivery report and a read receipt for the emails I'm sending via Navision? Can I receive those in Outlook?
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    can use other than ms outlook to integrate NAV email?