Another User Modified Error when I modify Customer Card

siribalasiribala Member Posts: 6
Hi All,

I am having problem with the customer card. When I change any information in customer card I send all record to one table (Update Customer) using Codeunit. I run stored procedure every 5 min to pick up all the records in Update Customers table and stored procedure inserts all records in to another database. At the time the stored procedure runs if any user modify any field in customer card they are getting the following error message.

"Another user has modified the record for this customer after you retrieved it from the database"

Please help me on this how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Seems like your stored procedure is changing the original record. You should avoid it.

But I didn't understand if it the error is on the customer table or a table in where you store that the customer-record has been changed.
    In the latter case, probably you do a get of the record without locking it, than you change it and want to write it back, but it is blocked until the stored procedure frees it and then you get the error because the stored procedure has changed it. Putting a LOCKTABLE just before the GET (or FINDx) of the record probably will fix it.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!