Table relation on form

HenningThHenningTh Member Posts: 59
I have a very strange problem / phenomenon.

A simple table and a simple form. At one table's field there is a relation to another table. Then, when this field is put on form it's a simple matter via the "election arrow" to paste what you want in the field.
It is working when I run it on the company's VM server - but when I run it locally it does not work. Tried then to retrieve objects from the server - but the same result (my machine and the server running the same build of Navision - 2009SP1).

Anyone know what could be wrong?

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    The "Election Arrow" is triggered by the LookupFormID in the table that you have the relation with. If that is not populated in your local system it won't work.
  • HenningThHenningTh Member Posts: 59
    The "Election Arrow" is triggered by the LookupFormID in the table that you have the relation with. If that is not populated in your local system it won't work.

Hi Mark
    thanks for taking time to reply, but the related table do indeed have the correct LookUpFormID - and I have tried to import all objects from the server to my local machine - same result. On other fields/other forms it works fine by electionarrow.
    Have also tried to delete the fields from the form, save the form and then open it again and inserting the field in question - same fault.
    I must admit I am out of ideas and do hope that anyone can help me.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Check whether any code existing in OnLookup trigger of the field?
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Actually even a local variable would be enough. So if there is no code check that also.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    FDickschat wrote:
    Actually even a local variable would be enough. So if there is no code check that also.

Agree :thumbsup:
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    FDickschat wrote:
    Even a blank line does this! Check also this.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!