Item Ledger Entries - "Completely Invoiced"

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

I'm putting together a routine to change the "Costing Method" on items with history, and one of the pre-conversion checks I'm doing is to make sure all posted inbound entries are invoiced. I've noticed many inbound transactions where the Quantity = "Invoiced Quantity" and yet the "Completely Invoiced" flag is not ticked. These are mainly entries of type 'Transfer'. When doing my checks can I just check that Quantity = "Invoiced Quantity", or is it important that "Completely Invoiced" is ticked? Why might it not be ticked?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi,

I'm putting together a routine to change the "Costing Method" on items with history, and one of the pre-conversion checks I'm doing is to make sure all posted inbound entries are invoiced. I've noticed many inbound transactions where the Quantity = "Invoiced Quantity" and yet the "Completely Invoiced" flag is not ticked. These are mainly entries of type 'Transfer'. When doing my checks can I just check that Quantity = "Invoiced Quantity", or is it important that "Completely Invoiced" is ticked? Why might it not be ticked?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

There are many reasons, and the only real way to find them all is to emulate them. You need to look at an item with the fewest entries, and then get a new database and try to emulate what happened to find out. You do need to resolve it though. Simply ticking the box is not a good idea, becasue you will get imbalances later.
    David Singleton
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi,

Many thanks,

Jonathan

By the way, the way I do this, and no this is not for the faint at heart, but you have been around long enough to know the ropes. basically delete all the values from all the Value Ledger entries and store them in a temporary field. Then work out which Entries are actual incoming positive entries, then populate those only, then change costing method and run adjust cost. You also need to decide what to do with the GL, to make them match. Its extreme, but it works.
    David Singleton
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

there is a module which does this - it is called iCMC (?) for impuls Costing Method Change. It does this very efficiently, and traceable.

with best regards

Jens