Options

Maximized page slow on Citrix

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
edited 2012-03-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everyone,
we have a strange problem in citrix environment: if we access the standard g/l account card from the chart of accounts, it is terribly slow. This only happens if the card is maximized. Instead, if the page is not maximized (even if it is stretched for the entire screen) it is blazing fast.
this happens for ANY page, but i took the chart of accounts as an example, because it is an unmodified page.
Have you ever noticed a similar behavior?
thanks in advance.
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Answers

• Options
    additional info:
    - after removing fields from the account card page until about 10-15 fields, the page run fast even if maximized.
    - the standard item card page run fast even if maximized, but the customized one runs slow

:evil: :evil: :evil: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    New "features"! :D
    If you resize the width of the page the client hangs for some seconds...if you resize the height of the page, the resizing is instantaneous...What the Hell can be the problem?
    I am thinking about something about the rendering of the textboxes (that are not resized if you modify the height but THEY ARE if you modify the width).

P.S.: I tried to apply the latest hotfix, and there are no changes. Second bug i've found in 2 days :cry:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Very strange. I've been using the RTC for two years on Citrix with none of these issues.

Do you have some other Citrix system to compare with?
  • Options
    yes, our internal one! and obviously, no problem at all.
    to be more specific:

1. (the slow one) it's on customer site and we are using it for pre-go-live activities (user training, data migration, performance tests): 48GB
    2. (the fast one) development evironment on our internal servers: 21GB
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    I'm gonna bring the laptop @ navtechdays if anyone's interested in taking a look at this s**t... ](*,)
    I(we) totally ran out of ideas :(
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    @ NavTechDays I'm doing two presentations and drink beer...

But sure, bring it... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    you're gonna drink another beer if you help me :mrgreen: ....but as we say in italy (more or less), one more beer will just be "a tear in the sea"
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Our Network admin solved the issue: he told me it was a citrix parameter about the "hooking of citrix windows"...or something like that...i don't know where this parameter causes trouble, but anyway...if you read this post you'll know where to search to troubleshoot it!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    sebsidsebsid Member Posts: 27
    We had the exact same problem and today we seem to have finally soved it by adding a line in the registry on the citrix server.

In the registry under:
    "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\wfshell\TWI"

You add this:

SeamlessFlags
    REG_DWORD=4

Hope this will help someone!