Options

Size limits when importing textfiles using RTC?

Ann-KatrineAnn-Katrine Member Posts: 5
edited 2011-09-16 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I've made a report in NA 2009 R2, that imports the lines from a text file. A typical file contains about 78,000 lines and has a size of 30 MB

When I import the file using the classic client, there are no problems, but when I try to import the file using the RTC, the import stops when about 2/3 of the file (at line 48,881) has been processed. There are no error-messages, it just terminates like if it had imported all the lines. ](*,)

If I try to import smaller files, it works fine with both clients.

Does anybody know if there is a size limit when importing textfiles using the RTC??

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    See CustomSettings.config for the service tier, look for this:
    <!--
    Limits the size of files that can be uploaded in order to avoid out of memory errors. This value is in megabytes.
    -->
    <add key="MaxUploadSize" value="5"></add>
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Ann-KatrineAnn-Katrine Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your quick answer!

I have a correction to my question though - I don't know if it makes a difference - It's not NAV 2009 R2, but NAV 2009 SP1!
    (To many customers whith to many different versions! :oops: )

I have tried to change the upload value in the CustomSettings.config to 40 MB - no difference: It still stops the same place.

I have also tried to reduce the file to about 45,00 lines / 18 MB: Then it works fine and all the lines are imported. :?:
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Hmm... interesting. May be enabling tracking on the service tier and looking into trace files could help to identify the exception which will do that...

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... vices.aspx
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.