How to consolidate 3 locations in to 1

kahalakahala Member Posts: 40
Hi,
(NAV2009 SP1, Classic Client, SQL, US)
Got a customer who wants to consolidate three locations. So they want to transfer everything from two of the locations (A + B) to the last one (C).
Does anybody know of an easy way of doing this?
I've been looking at using the Phys. Inventory Journal and the job "Calculate Inventory" and then copy the lines to the Item Reclass. Journal where the column "New Location" can be put on. It almost functions except that it leaves out the quantities when copying because "Quantity" in the Phys. Inventory Journal is blank. I've tested it if I double the quantity in "Qty. (Phys. Inventory)" in the Phys. Inventory Journal before copying the lines because then it fills out the quantity field with the correct amount.
I would very much like to avoid changing anything at all in the system but I am aware that I could maybe put "New location" in to the Phys. Inventory Journal and solve it this way.

But I just want to hear if anybody knows about a simple standard solution for this.

Thank you in advance

/Ulrik

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    kahala wrote:
    Hi,
    (NAV2009 SP1, Classic Client, SQL, US)
    Got a customer who wants to consolidate three locations. So they want to transfer everything from two of the locations (A + B) to the last one (C).
    Does anybody know of an easy way of doing this?
    Yes, transfer all items from A and B to C using the Transfer Order or Item Reclassification Journal.
  • asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
    On the Item Reclass Journal there is a handy function called "Get Bin Content", which will fill the journal with all the items and quantities in bins, locations and zones as you require or do or not use. In the simplest case if you don't use bins or zones, just set the location to "A|B", let it fill the journal, then go and change the "New Location" field on each line to location C.

Bruce Anderson
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    kahala wrote:
    Got a customer who wants to...
    Wow, overlooked that. You say you have a customer and this situation represents such a problem that you have to post it on a forum? :shock:
    You should really consider learning at least the NAV basics before taking on a customer...
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    @rhpnt I figure the point is, the customer does not want to enter thousands of lines manually... I kind of understand it, every time my users need to enter anything over 100 lines they do it in excel and ask me to build an interface :)

@kahala program a processing only report that reads the inventory per item (location filter, calcfields inventory etc.) and generates these lines, it is not that hard actually. You just validate the fields in the same order as you do it on the form, plus have to give a line number. Not the most perfomant solution but the easiest.