About Gen. Jnl. Line empty document type

nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
Hi all,

what happen in Gen. Jnl. Line if the document type is empty?

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that in most cases it is used as "internal document". It means it is not payment, it is not invoide, it is not anything else, just some internal things which accountant needs to do (corrections etc.).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    Hi kine,

In the end this line of gen. jnl line will not be ale to use as a payment to offset some other invoice?
    Except that base on the account choose it will be posted into respective ledge entries
    (Eg: customer account posted to customer ledger entries)
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

customer and vendor entries without a document type can also be applied and used as payment/credit memo to offset another invoice. They can be used as a payable entry as well, no change needed. What you will "loose" are these functionalities:

- payment discounts and payment tolerances are not suggested/calculated
    - no sign check before posting
    - the amounts will be accumulated as "other amounts" in the statistics form/page, not as invoiced/credited/paid.

with best regards

Jens
    hi jen,

great to hear from you:
    - payment discounts and payment tolerances are not suggested/calculated (Thank you!)
    - no sign check before posting
    - the amounts will be accumulated as "other amounts" in the statistics form/page, not as invoiced/credited/paid.color=#0000FF](Thank you!)[/color]

"- no sign check before posting" - don't get what does it mean, is they simpler explanation ?
    Hi Nikeman,

I mean the test that an invoice must be positive sign and a credit memo must be negative sign for customers, similar for payment/refund.

With best regards

Jens

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.521141,13.391648
    hi jen,

Danke
    Hello Nikeman,

Gern geschehen :)

with best regards

Jens