Force footer to bottom of page

CalicoCalico Member Posts: 31
I have a report in which one particular dataitem has three footers called for this example Footer(1), Footer(2) and Footer(3) (it also has a Body section). Footer(3) is always output but Footer(1) and Footer(2) are alternatives; either one or the other is output, but never both. I would like whichever of Footer(1) or Footer(2) is output to appear immediately above Footer(3) but although this works fine for Footer(2), if Footer(1) is output it always leaves a space for Footer(2) although it will never be output.

I have tried tinkering with PlaceInBottom and KeepwithNext properties for all three footers but it has not solved the problem. I suspect it is because when Footer(1) is being formatted, the program does not know that Footer(2) will not be output and so always leaves space for it. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has come across this problem and found a solution to it.

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    This is one of the eternal bugs in the classic client that is probably never going to be solved. AFAIK you can only have one footer with this property.
  • mabl4367mabl4367 Member Posts: 143
    This is an ugly solution but I think it might work.

Move all kontrols from footer 1 on top of the controls in footer 2,
    delete footer 1,
    Use the Visible property on the controls to show ither the controls from footer 1 or footer 2.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    mabl4367 wrote:
    This is an ugly solution but I think it might work.

Move all kontrols from footer 1 on top of the controls in footer 2,
    delete footer 1,
    Use the Visible property on the controls to show ither the controls from footer 1 or footer 2.

Nope, the visibility property of report controls cannot be changed via C/AL.

The only "solution" is to put all text in variables and populate them with either nothing or the text.