Handling units in Warehouse Management

itonevaitoneva Member Posts: 7
Hello,

Does anyone know whether there is standard functionality for giving numbers to the transport units in warehouse management? I've heard that there is a table in SAP "Handling Units" where these numbers are generated and kept. Perhaps there are some additional modules in NAV that must be purchased.

Thanks in advance for the information

Best regards
Irina Toneva
IFD Engineering
Sofia
Bulgaria

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    What do you mean by "transport units"?
  • itonevaitoneva Member Posts: 7
    I mean for example a pallet where the boxes are arranged in order to be transported.
    itoneva wrote:
    I mean for example a pallet where the boxes are arranged in order to be transported.
    If you mean as a transport container for items to be picked/put away then NAV does not have that. If you mean as an starting point for put away items and end point for picked items you could use zones for that. But it all depends on the warehouse scenario...
  • itonevaitoneva Member Posts: 7
    Thank you very much! I mean the first one - a transport container. I hoped there could be at least some additional modules to be added to the standard granule, although I couldn't find anithing in PartnerSource
    You could "copy" the standard "Assigned User ID" function in the warehousing module to some sort of "Assigned container ID". It works similar as your requirement.