Options

Error installing additional language pack for RTC Server

EgisEgis Member Posts: 10
edited 2015-08-31 in NAV Three Tier
I try to install additional language pack (Estonian for example) to the server with no success. Server.Local.Ee.msi installer gives me the error Service 'MicrosoftDynamicsNAVServer' (MicrosoftDynamicsNAVServer) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
Event viewer description for this incident is Product: Estonian Module for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server -- Error 1920. Service 'MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer' (MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
I have to note that I perform installation under Domain Administrator account. MS Dynamics NAV service is running under Local System account and there is no problem to restart it manually. I tried to run installer using Run as Administrator workaround for msi files but this did not solve an issue.
I run more than one (13 instances) NAV middle tier instances on this server using NetTcpPortSharing so it might be the source of the problem. But one of these instances is pure standard DynamicsNAV service instance and installer should work correctly in my opinion.

Does anybody have similar experience or ideas how to overcome this issue ?

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that best will be to copy the files to the respective folders manually. You do not need to use the installer.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    EgisEgis Member Posts: 10
    Thanks. It works when I transfer resources files manually but I would like Microsoft do not create installers at all if they do not work :wink:
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    :-) They works, but only under certain conditions...

E.g. when you install client into custom folder, the installer will install the files into default one, and not under the custom one...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    absolutelyfreewebabsolutelyfreeweb Member Posts: 104
    had the same problem. it tries to start the service when installing the mx installer, it fails and rolls back.
    running the installers one by one worked. after installing the service I added the shared port, I also opened the admin gui and made sure it was pointing to right database, tested that it starts properly. after that you can run the mx installer and it installs lightning fast.