Arguments against oversized forms

FlowerBizFlowerBiz Member Posts: 34
I'm being asked to design a form that will end up so large that it requires monitors larger than 19" to view comfortably. I am trying to make the argument that this is a really bad idea and would like to solicit comments from other Navision classic client users. The form has multiple table boxes on it and lots of summary information. So far, execution speed has been acceptable but I'm being asked to add even more information so that it can be "at a glance" and to do so will require the form to grow beyond an unimiginable width of 50,000 and height of 25,000. I'm being told that it's the "future" as other companies are using 27" monitors (or dual monitors) to increase productivity.

I know who will "win" but am still curious as to the opinon on this board.

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I'm not really sure if you will win.

Look at the design of the RTC. It's not a big form, but all the fact boxes show information from other tables, just like putting multiple subforms on one form.

At the end of the day it's finding a balance between users productivity, maintainablity, performance, upgradability.

As long as you warn them for the consequences the customer is king.