Problem with xml import and headers

KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
I've a bit problem with doctype and namespaces with xml import and this problem has been borthering for half year now without a good solution.

Problem is that customer is receiving version 1.2 and 1.3 finvoices where 1.2 has doctype and version 1.3 has namespacess on em.
our port is designed for the newer version of course and I've added the microsoft partner thingy that removes the namespacess. Version 1.3 goes in well when it does that but the version 1.2 dont.

if I remove the doctype manually it goes in flawlessly.
Also if I skip the namespace remover XMLDOM thingy the version 1.2 goes in well.
https://mbs.microsoft.com/CMS/Templates/document/HowTo.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRORIGINALURL=/partnersource/documentation/howtoarticles/xmlportswebservices.htm?printpage=false&NRNODEGUID={319D4D3C-F1E0-483E-961B-D53F1E8B25FE}&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&printpage=false

Soo the problem is I'd need somehow to check the version of the file before importing it (from the version tag).
<Finvoice Version="1.2"> <-- the tag

Problem for this is that I cant use the same xml port for it as the import does not understand that version 1.2 beforehand anymore.
I just know some basics of XMLDOM but havent found out how or if it would be possible to solve it with it.

Any help would be appreciated.
K.S.