lookup ... show...insert data using VBA to NAV database

julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
hi all...
have anyone ever create VBA code in excel which is have lookup (like if we want to select customer in sales order),show data from nav table... and then insert it into nav database?

please share
thanks

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I hope not.

It's better to use webservices instead. You can download examples from MSDN.
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    I hope not.

It's better to use webservices instead. You can download examples from MSDN.

i never use webservices
    so... if we use webservice, where we key in the transaction?
    is it we create another application?
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Actually yes, I believe JetReports have developped a lookup from excel, and they show values from NAV (I believe that is what u need).
    Unfortunatly they don't give out their code under GPL (or any other opensource license). But you might want to check it out.
    For modification trough Excel, I'd have to follow Mark and opt for webservices.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    yes... i already use webservice
    i read from someones blog that taught how to create for customer list
    yes it success... but i tried change for sales order
    it failed

i create another webservice... named SalesOrder
    and reference name SalesOrderRef

the failed portion is
    public Type GetObjectType()
            {
                return typeof(SalesOrder);
            }

public Type GetFieldsType()
            {
                return typeof(SalesOrder_Fields);
            }

the error is
    Error	2	'NAVTemplate.SalesOrderRef.SalesOrder_Service' does not implement interface member 'NAVTemplate.INAVService.GetFieldsType()'. 'NAVTemplate.SalesOrderRef.SalesOrder_Service.GetFieldsType()' cannot implement 'NAVTemplate.INAVService.GetFieldsType()' because it does not have the matching return type of 'System.Type'.	D:\WebServices\NAVTemplate\NAVTemplate\Web References\SalesOrderRef\Reference.cs	30	26	NAVTemplate

anyone can help?