Close Income Statement - Performance issues

KaetchenKaetchen Member Posts: 106
Hi,

I have started in a company who hasn't closed their fiscal years on a regular basis. I closed off the first year and tried to run the Close Income Statment Batch Job. After 8 hrs it still wasn't close to the last GL No. The G/L Entry Table has 3,7 Mio records and the size of the DB is 33 GB. We logged a support request with our local consultant and got the following answer:
This batch does not normally consume a lot of system resources or table locks. This when the batch has been run regularly.

I am not sure in your case. It might be taking long since it is the first time after so long. You may find that when you do the next year in line it will be quicker.

It might be an idea to do it after hours in the live system.

Does anybody else had the same issue? I have worked with Navision before and never had a problem with this particular task and also had to redo a few years.

Thanks,
Kate

Answers

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi Kate,

I know a customer who had the same problem. They were running NAV 3.70 native, and use lots of dimensions for reporting. The solution was to make an update for the Close Income Statement batch and CU411 (and some tables, 353 and 7135) from version 5. This worked well and solved the performance problem. And it didn't take long, less than a day.

with best regards

Jens
  • KaetchenKaetchen Member Posts: 106
    Thank you Jens,

We have forwarded your reply to our consultant and they passed it on to Microsoft. At present we working with 4.0 SP1 on SQL Server.

I will let you know what they going to reply :)
  • KaetchenKaetchen Member Posts: 106
    Hi Jens,

Our consultant sent us an upgrade of several objects and it works fine now.

Thanks again for your help :D

Kate