record already exists issue.

SudsSuds Member Posts: 22
I'm wondering if I'm over looking something simple.
When trying to enter a new Category Code it gives me the error "record already exists" when it clearly does not. It won't let me enter any type of combination of letters or numbers.

I'm hoping it is just a simple slip on my part but any help will be much obliged,

Suds.

Comments

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    I'm sorry, but there is not enough information in your question/description to help you at all.
    Could you tell us what record you are trying to insert? If it is not Item Category or Unsynchronised Category then it is a custom table and then we need a lot more info.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • SudsSuds Member Posts: 22
    Sorry sog,

it is an Item Category that we're having an issue with.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    That's what the debugger is for. Turn on the debugger and try to insert a record. Step through the code and see what happens.
  • -matrix--matrix- Member Posts: 103
    Did you check if are there any filter on the table?
  • Yashojit_PandhareYashojit_Pandhare Member Posts: 38
    Hi..

Please check the following:

1. Check if any filter is applied to the table, and the value you are entering is already present but not showing due to filter.
    2. Check the Keys applied to the table. Ensure that all the key fields are visible on the Item Category form.
    3. It may happen that, there is a key field not inserted on form, so for first record it would be blank, and the same would happen for another record, thus the error, as the key value is not unique.
    :idea: