Report preview or printed on printer different by PDF

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
Hello,

we are using NAV 5.0.

We have a report of a document quotation/offer that is composed by more pages of data.
Printing it on paper or making a preview directly by NAV we have a right impagination that is second, third and so on page begins with the line of type 'Title' without need to insert a line of type "New page".
When we transform same document with cutepdf writer or other tools, the title that should be on new page is printed at the end of previous one and this is not good.
I had a look to the code CAL of report but seems nothing strange.

What do you suggest?
Could be a problem of margins or something similar?

Thank you

Comments

• MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    AFAIK, NAV uses settings of the default printer for the preview of the report. i suspect that if you set CutePDF as your default printer, the preview will have the same problem.
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Exactly: if CutePDF is the default printer we see also preview not correct with lines different from the ones expected.
    But it is not possibile to set pdf printer tool as default for the production users.
    So how to solve?

Thank you
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    I'd try setting the PDF printer to the same papersize and margins as the default printer.
  • tonyzonytonyzony Member Posts: 7
    andy76 wrote:
    Hello,

we are using NAV 5.0.

We have a report of a document quotation/offer that is composed by more pages of data.
    Printing it on paper or making a preview directly by NAV we have a right impagination that is second, third and so on page begins with the line of type 'Title' without need to insert a line of type "New page".
    When we transform same document with cutepdf writer or other tools, the title that should be on new page is printed
    ink at the end of previous one and this is not good.
    I had a look to the code CAL of report but seems nothing strange.

What do you suggest?
    Could be a problem of margins or something similar?

Thank you

would this be rather because of the paper size? yes margin, i think, must be adjusted