Export To Excel Button In menubar not working

madankhemkamadankhemka Member Posts: 6
Hi All

I am not able to export particular sales orders in excel using default export to excel button in menubar. When I click on the button, excel opens but there is an error"Workbook setting".

Please guide me to solve this problem

Comments

• vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    In it's error message. Excel probably gives you the name of a file where you can find more details about the error.

The file Excel openes is an XML file produced by applying the stylesheet (an xsl transform .xslt) to an XML representation of the form.

So, what you need to do is to change the stylesheet so it creates a valid excel document.

To do this, i found it usually helps to see a copy of the source xml file to which the transform is applied. To get one, modify function LaunchApp in Codeunit 403 Application Launch Management. Add DataXML.save just before DataXML.transformNodeToObject.
  • madankhemkamadankhemka Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for reply

But I am using NAV 5.0.
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    But I am using NAV 5.0.

What do you mean to say?

That functionality is there since 5.0. The XML representation of the form and the MSXML automation version used changed at some point since, (and therefore the stylesheet may not be compatible between 5.0 and 2009 R2) but the principle working is still the same.
  • madankhemkamadankhemka Member Posts: 6
    But there is no such code in Launch App function

Actually in some order error is there. not in all