Need to change LOT No. while Receiving order.

chiptesandeepchiptesandeep Member Posts: 12
Hi,

In Transfer Orders ,I have shipped Items with Lot No : X from Location A to B.While receiving order want to chage the lot no X to Y in location B...?

System is not accepting to change LOT...

Please suggest guys....
Sandeep Chepte

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    I dont think standard NAV allows you to change..

What if you receive to X Lot and transfer to LOT Y through Item Reclassification Journal?
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    From experience : Always treat transfer orders as "What you put in is what you get out", otherwise you will be getting all kinds of problems with item ledgers, warehouse entries, en inconsistencies between them ( among others ). If you want to change the lot when it has arrived at the other location, use a reclassification afterwards, or use the reclassifications to do the transfer, and don't use a transfer order.
  • chiptesandeepchiptesandeep Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the reply guys....

Yes Guys,I have resolved the issue with reclasification....but thing is different,

If client is maintaining thaire own LOT no in each location...they want to receive inventory in thair existing LOTs. not by Shipped LOT.
    Sandeep Chepte
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Thanks for the reply guys....

Yes Guys,I have resolved the issue with reclasification....but thing is different,

If client is maintaining thaire own LOT no in each location...they want to receive inventory in thair existing LOTs. not by Shipped LOT.

yes, but this is not the standard functionality

As MBerger Said,
    MBerger wrote:
    From experience : Always treat transfer orders as "What you put in is what you get out", otherwise you will be getting all kinds of problems with item ledgers, warehouse entries, en inconsistencies between them ( among others ).