How to record payments from customer?

nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
Hi all,

I am a pretty new to navision still, as such I would like to find out how do we record payments (cheque's, cash) from customer?

regards

Answers

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hello Nikeman77,

the payments are recorded as customer ledger entries (type payment) in the cash receipt journal. Usually you post customer (credit) against bank or g/l account (debit) and select the customer entry to be applied. This can also be done in the bank account reconciliation.

With best regards

Jens

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.553025,13.083873
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    Hi Jens,

Thanks for replying, but this customer mode of payment via TT- Telegraphic transfer. I can only made payment via cash based on the scenario below:
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    1. I like to check how would be the batch name be: do i create them again? (which i did), this customer doesn't have any bank account. Thus i used, function> apply entries> select the record i want to pay> application button> set applies-to id.

2.When i input $2.5 million in the amount field, i got a warning stating that customer had overdue balance and customer credit limit, do you still want to record the amount? when i press yes, the value is copied over to debit amount field.

3.During posting i got error: Amount must be negatve in Gen. Journal Template Name='CASH RECEI', Journal Batch Name='AMEX-AUG-S',Line No..=10000'.

what happen?
    Also when I Un Applies-To ID, and did posting I got another error:
    Document No. CSR11-000323 is out of balance by -68,672.33. Please check that Posting Date, Document No. and Amount are correct for each line.
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hello Nikeman77,

The bank account ist that of your company. When the amount of the customer happens to be a debit amount, you entered it with the wrong sign. A payment should look like this (copied from the cash receipt journal):

Posting Date Document Type Document No. Account Type Account No. Description Amount Bal. Account Type Bal. Account No. Correction Applies-to Doc. Type Applies-to Doc. No.
    27.05.11 Payment G02001 Customer 10000 Payment #3453 -12.192,55 G/L Account 1005 No Invoice 103005

The amount must be negative for a payment from a customer, to result in a positive amount on the g/l or bank account. You can also leave the amount blank and let it get filled by chosing an entry to apply.

with best regards

Jens
    hi jens,

I got it >>http://www.navision-girl.com/2007/04/applying-customer-ledger-entries-after.html

thank you for helping out!

PS: I reckon that after posting Gen-Jnl-Line, it will go to respective entries depends on account type, document etc?