Options

Vorsprung Payroll

kennedykennedy Member Posts: 2
edited 2006-07-19 in Navision Financials
We have recently installed a Navsion System complete with Vorsprung payroll.

I would be interested in anyone's comments or experiences with this product as we are experiencing some difficulties in using the system.

Thanks in anticipation

Kennedy Fraser
LT Scotland

Comments

• Options
    Paul_BradburyPaul_Bradbury Member Posts: 15
    We are a recruitment company using the Vorsprung payroll module. We have been using the software successfully for the last 3 years.

Our payroll is fairly simple (ie. no pensions, company cars) but we do pay approx 900 temps per week. Last year we paid 5500 people through the module.

I am an in-house Navision developer and would be happy for you to contact me directly to discuss further if you wish. Send me a mail at "Paul.Bradbury@angelamortimer.com" and I will send you my telephone number.

• Options
    JohnPJohnP Member Posts: 56
    Your NSC should be able to resolve your difficulties and if not they can refer back to Navision UK (who will then contact us directly if they can't help either). Obviously, we can't supply end user support to customers of other NSC's but your problems will find an answer somewhere along that line.

I'm not on our payroll team but I do know that the product is constantly being updated (a version for 3.0 is currently under development) and if you have any comments on development then you can ask your NSC to pass them on to us. I understand from our director that there is an NSC meeting on the 20th June at which payroll is on the agenda. Alternatively, they can email the team at payroll@vorsprung.co.uk (please note that this is not for support issues!).

Regards,

John Parr
    Vorsprung Business Systems
  • Options
    csbrookcsbrook Member Posts: 1
    Can Vorsprung cope with different currency payrolls and limited companies ?
  • Options
    Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello,

I believe that VIP was written on the assumption of handling GBP only. I have never seen any provision to use alternative currencies - Only the LCY (i.e. GBP), so I would not attempt to use it that way. The functionality is intended for GB legislation only and cannot be used overseas either.

You could use VIP with multiple companies, but they would have to exist as different companies in the same Navision database, and you would have to be careful regarding licensing in that regard. You might be able to use a company 'Dimension', but I would go for separate companies.

Hope this is of help.
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta