Options

Questions around EP on AX 2009

icemokkaicemokka Member Posts: 7
edited 2011-08-25 in Dynamics AX
Hi,

I'm new to AX 2009 and EP, we got a customer that wants some modifications on the EP.
I've been playing around with the standard EP and some questions rose :
- When you modify a shared page (for example financial page for a specific role, change a report to show parameters), this is saved somewhere.
Next time when somebody with the same role enters this page, he can see this modification.
But when you redeploy EP, all those changes are lost. How can I save the changes I made back to the AX.
- I've added a new company on the AX-database, it shows up in the company-selector.
But it doesn't show up in the parameters of the reports, this list is not updated, not even after a redeploy.
Been looking around in the datasets, but couldn't find anything.
What action must be performed in order to show a newly created company in the combo of a report-parameter
- Last question is only informational, is it possible to add a new role. I know he looks up menu-items to get the list of roles.
Are there any docs on this subject, or would you rather change an existing role?
Can you easily copy an existing role?

Thank you

Sven Peeters
Belgium

Comments

• Options
    icemokkaicemokka Member Posts: 7
    Found a great deal of answers browsing through docs :

- If you change pages on EP, you have to import them in AOT via the Web Menu Item URL's
    - Almost all data is taken from the SSAS database, you need to reprocess
    - Adding a new role is very easy

Grtz,
    Sven Peeters