Help files

st0328st0328 Member Posts: 97
Hi everybody,

I want to know while createing help files for add on module is there any possibility to show the help with out creating any files in Navigation pane(leftside) in Microsoft Dyanamics NAV classic Help.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    st0328 wrote:
    Navigation pane(leftside) in Microsoft Dyanamics NAV classic Help
    This is called the Table of Content (TOC).
    Indeed you can create help topic (files) without having anything in the TOC, but why would you? And what's keeping you from getting it to work?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • st0328st0328 Member Posts: 97
    Thanks for your reply,

While compiling the Help project by using HTML Help Workshop, the HTML Help workshop not compiling, I am getting the following comilation errors.

HHC6000: Error: An internal file could not be created. Make certain there is enough disk space on the drive where you are compiling your file.
    HHC5007: Error: Fatal navigational compilation error. This is likely the result of an invalid contents (.hhc) file.

when I added the TOC for the Help Project the HTML Help workshop was compiled successfully & created chm files for the new help topics.

Plz suggest me, where I am going wrong, How can I create .chm files without adding TOC to the HTML help workshop.

Thanks in advance.
    What was the content of the .hhc file when you got that errors?

BTW: aren't you using the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 HelpToolkit to build your projects (CHM)?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    Hi,

I am using Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Help tool kit only to build the help.

To add New topics to the help project I am using HTML Help project.

In my .hhc file no topics are there. :o

Thanks & Regards
    Is .hcc empty?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    No, The .hhc file is not empty, but it contains information about the HTML help workshop.

Plz find the attached image of the .hhc file.

Thanks in advance.
    OK, now I run out of options/ideas, except that, if you could provide me with your project files, I could try and see myself what is happening.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community