Rounding precision for Item's Unit Cost

havhav Member Posts: 299
Hi,
I am using NAV 2009 NA SP1.
I am not sure about which rounding precision is used for Unit Cost on Item Card.
I see that there is setting for decimal places and rounding precision for Unit Amount and Amount on G/L Setup as well as Currency Card. Does this setup apply to Unit Cost? I don't think so.

In Item table as well as Item Journal Line table, the Decimal Places property of Unit Cost is set as Undefined. However on Item Card or Item Journal LIne form, it is set to 2:2. This means that by default the Unit Cost will be rounded to 2 decimal places.
However u can input upto 5 decimal places in Unit Cost field on Item Card. It is not getting rounded to 2 decimal places.

Please advise.

Regards,
Regards,
Hemant
MCTS (MB7-841 : NAV 2009 C/SIDE Solution Development)

Answers

• havhav Member Posts: 299
    I need some input on this since i am stuck at calculating the Unit Cost accurately.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Hemant
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    hav wrote:
    I see that there is setting for decimal places and rounding precision for Unit Amount and Amount on G/L Setup as well as Currency Card. Does this setup apply to Unit Cost? I don't think so.
    I think it is. When you look at the "Unit Cost" field in the Item table, you'll see that the AutoFormatType-property is set to 2. This means the data is formatted as unit amount data.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Thanks for your response.
    I take back my words.
    Yes the Unit Cost is related to the Rounding Precision set for the Unit Amount.

I have a doubt regarding which precision setup will be picked up by the program.
    The General Ledger Setup table has Unit Amount Rounding Precision set to 0.001 however this field is not visible/available on General Ledger Setup Card.
    The Currecies form does not any entry related to LCY (in my case CAD) but the Currency Card has the field "Unit Amount Rounding Precision".
    So i am not sure which precision is used where?

Please clarify.

Regards,
    Hemant
    Regards,
    Hemant
    hav wrote:
    The General Ledger Setup table has Unit Amount Rounding Precision set to 0.001 however this field is not visible/available on General Ledger Setup Card.
    In the Belgian localized database, the field "Unit-Amount Rounding Precision" IS present on the General Ledger Setup form (tab General). As they have put a message in the OnValidate-trigger of this field in the table (message being "You must close the program and start again in order to activate the unit-amount rounding feature."), they have foreseen this field to be filled in manually.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    I think the Unit Amount Rounding Precision set on General Ledger Setup card is used for local currency whereas the one set on Currency Card is used for foreign currency.
    Right?

Regards,
    Hemant
    Regards,
    Hemant
    That's correct.
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    i want to have "Amount" field in item journal that have decimal places more than 2
    how to set it up?
    any clue?
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,499
    julkifli33 wrote:
    i want to have "Amount" field in item journal that have decimal places more than 2
    Don't hijack this thread for your own question. Create a new topic.