Document approval nav 2009 sp1

riyaz_24riyaz_24 Member Posts: 43
Can one user creating more than one document have two approvers.

Senario: One user creates a sales invoice and purchase invoice and send for approval which has to be approved by two department heads(Purchase department head & sales department head). Which means one user can have two or more approvers. how can this be handled in navision given that navision is a user based approval system not a document based approval system.

Pls help

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    May be you are looking for Additional Approves functionality..

Please check once..
  • rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    Hi Riyaz

Different approval users can be specified for Purchase and sales documents.

Regards,
    Rajat.
  • riyaz_24riyaz_24 Member Posts: 43
    As per rajatkalia

Navision 2009 sp1 does not allow one user to have two approvers as per the user setup under administration.I cannot enter the same user in two lines to have two different approvers.

Pls Advice
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Did you check in Approvals Template? there you can specify different approvals for sales and purchase?in addition approvals
  • riyaz_24riyaz_24 Member Posts: 43
    Hi All,

Can one user have more than one approver.in Navision 2009 sp1.How can i set up the document approval when one user generates two sperate documents for example Sales order and Purcahse order and these documents directly for approval to purchase manager and sales order goes direct to sales manager.

I tried the additional approval functionality but it does not statisfy my requirement since both the sated documents go through the main approver to the relevent mangers.That means dupplication of work.how can i send it directly to the sales manger for approval.

please help
  • sameerarsameerar Member Posts: 63
    You must do a Customization to catch your requirment. I guess in Standard NAV you cannot do this!
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Why are you not taking the mohana_cse06's advise ?
    Now or Never