Send e-mail through Lotus Notes R5

dcurriedcurrie Member Posts: 2
edited 2001-06-13 in Navision Financials
Can anyone tell me how to get email functionality between Navision Financials 2.60.b and Lotus Notes R5 client?
I am running both on a W2K Professsional machine. From my research it seems that their may be Lotus Mapi compliance issues involved here. However, I am able to flawlessly "send" any type of MS office 2000 document i.e. .doc or .xls from its parent application to my Lotus Notes client. This would seem to indicate that the Lotus mapi stuff is ok. I can't launch Notes by clicking on the email icon on the contact card nor can I successfully attach a report by clicking "send". The latter does correctly launch Notes but then attaches a file with a goofy extension--not .htm .
Any direction here would be hugely appreciated.

Don Currie
don@data-linc.com

Comments

• mfabianmfabian Member Posts: 187
    I'm reading this forum as well as www.navision.net for years now and it looks like this (or similar) problems with Lotus notes are being reported in average every three weeks. So you are not alone with your problem.
    What I recall from earlier threads about this issue the problem lies in the "ResolveName" implementation of either Lotus Notes or Navision. As far as I remember I have never seen a posting which states a solution for this problem but I might be wrong as I'm not very much interested in Lotus Notes.

However I recommend you do a search in the developer forum of www.navision.net for "Lotus notes" and you will hopefully find more information there.

Unfortunately www.navision.net is down since last week so you might need several tries in the next days.

With best regards from Switzerland

Marcus Fabian
    With best regards from Switzerland

Marcus Fabian