Restore failed, data common to all exists in db

Michael_GERMichael_GER Member Posts: 9
I made a backup in database #1 with the following parameters:

fehlerrestore3.jpg

Restore in database #2 aborts at about 2/3 of the key generation process with the following error:

fehlerrestore2.jpg

There are already companies in DB#2 and when we did this last week everything worked fine.

Objects of both databases are equal, license is ok and there is no table >= 50000 with linked object property set to 'Yes'.

Version: NAV W1\5442369 (5.0 SP1), Win Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2

Any idea?

Answers

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

When I look at your backup window, it shows 2 companies 'E', how is that possible? You should not be able to have 2 with the same company names in the database.
    That might be your problem. What I would try, take a full backup first, then delete the one 'E' company you don't want to backup. When that is done, backup the company you want and try to restore it into your new database.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • Michael_GERMichael_GER Member Posts: 9
    Sorry to confuse you, I edited the screenshot for privacy reasons. There are two different company names there.
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

Ok, that explains it. Can you check if you have the tables twice in your database?
    I've seen it happen when a native restore fails. You will have your tables in the normal range plus all the tables again in the 1000000000 range?
    The bad part is, I've never been able to repair that situation.

Thanks,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • Michael_GERMichael_GER Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for your ideas. I solved the issue.

I had the tables twice in the database because of the aborted restore. But that was not the problem. I cleaned it and deleted the company.

In this case the problem was an error in the "Objects" table. To correct this I compiled all objects in the database and all went good.

Found a workaround while looking for the answer:

I created a new database and restored a backup of the "Master" company with application objects and global data. After that I exported all table objects from the target database and restored it in the new database. Now I made a backup of this company without application objects and global data, restored it to the "real" target database and it worked, too.