Report type objects take forever to open.

KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
Hi all,

I have this strange problem at one of our customer sites. Since a couple of days it takes forever to open any report, just to get to the filter settings/request form will take up to 25 seconds. Nothing new was loaded to their database lately.

However this does not happen for me when I connect through the terminal server, but every user at the customer site is affected.

I have done the following so far:
1. Cleaned up their SQL Database, rebuild all indexes, especially paying attention to the object table.
2. Checked the Object Cache on the client. It is still 32000 Kilobytes.
3. Checked permissions on the shared printers and they are all shared to all users. I also checked the online status of the printers.

They use Windows XP SP3, 32 bit on their workstations. They do not use the RTC, only classic.
The client version is Microsoft Dynamics NAV2009SP1.
The database server is a Windows Server 2003, running SQL2005 Standard 32 Bit.
Quad core Xeon, 4 gigabytes of RAM. The database is about 2 Gigabytes.
The datafile is physically not fragmented.

The craziest thing is that all other object types like forms and dataports open up fine.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you in advance,

Willy
Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.

Answers

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    i don't remember in what version (RTM or SP1), but one of the first major bugs found, regarded performance issues during report usage (memory was not released after running a report...or something like that).
    Try to look in the partnersource to see if some hotfix (with an higher build than yours) can solve your issue. :-k
    It's a WAG, because i've never had this problem :) . Moreover, you said that you work fine on the same db (and i assume, the same NST), so, probably ram is not your issue...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Belias,

Thanks for the reply but we have found the issue.

They all had a printer driver installed that pointed to a shared printer on a workstation that didn't exist anymore.
    That printer was never added on the Terminal Server, that is why I didn't have the problem. :D

So the lesson learned here is: "Make sure that you remove unused and obsolete printers from the installed printers list on your workstation."

Thanks,

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Weird...i'll keep it in mind, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog