Disable Lookups on a Form - Resolved

lgplgp Member Posts: 77
Hi,
I have searched the forum and blogs, and there doesn't seem to be a good solution for this, but I'm posting anyway in desperation...I really want to avoid creating 30 new forms!

We have a customer who has asked for a separate quote entry form for a group of salespeople. These users can enter quotes, and therefore can use the lookups on their custom quote entry form to select customers, etc.. However, the salespeople should not be able to see anything else beyond the lookup form they are selecting from. For example, they can see the Customer List form to select the customer, but we don't want them to be able to look up into the Dimension Code 1 or Dimension Code 2 fields, or the Shipping Agent Code, or any other fields with lookups that are on the list.

I know that I can create a separate customer list form for these users, but we are trying not to create too many new forms. We have field in the User Setup to identify these users, so we can filter and hide/show controls on the form if necessary. I can make buttons visible or not visible, but I cannot disable the lookups.

Has anyone been able to figure out how to do it?
Thanks!
Leanne G. Paul
Business Applications/IT Advisor, Competitive Edge Services

Comments

• vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    This is not a problem you should even try to solve on a lookup Form level, it is a question of data access rights.

So, you should set up security roles that do not give them permission to read the data they must not see.

If programmed logic requires to use that data, you need to grant indirect access and possibly modify the permissions property of some objects.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Or you can set the permission to allows them only run forms you want... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • lgplgp Member Posts: 77
    Thank you for the responses. This is exactly what we decided to do, and it seems to work pretty well. Hopefully the customer will agree when they are testing... :wink:
    Leanne G. Paul
    Business Applications/IT Advisor, Competitive Edge Services