NAV with IP phone

S0918423470S0918423470 Member Posts: 159
Hi all,

we already used NAV 4.0 sp3, with XP phone function worked well.
we worked with the phone dialer in windows via a TAPI driver and CTI app in our Cisco Call manager server
but since we moved to Vista and Win 7 the dialler doesnt work anymore with our exsiting Call Manager server.

Any one know why?? and any suggestions about this case?
Thanks,

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And what you want to do? Call some number? If yes, try to open hyperlink in formt "callto:tel:<phoneno>"
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • S0918423470S0918423470 Member Posts: 159
    Hi kine,
    I want to still call through IP phone. I dont know why it can not work on Vista or win 7.

If yes, try to open hyperlink in formt "callto:tel:<phoneno>". Could you tell me more detail about this? We open from where??

Thanks,
    from "Run..." or through hyperlink command in NAV... doesn't matter. It should work as opening e.g. http URL
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    E.g. we are using Microsoft Lync and when I open such URL, it start Lync call to the number. I expect that it will work with other applications in same way...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • TimSimmondsTimSimmonds Member Posts: 47
    Hi,

An old post but I just wondered if the original poster had got there app working. ie. using NAV to dial out using Cisco's Call Manager?

We have installed Cisco's TSP to allow us to use Microsofts TAPI3 cusom controls.

We can retrieve a list of available lines to use... we just need a better solution to pick out the phone device line that the user is logged into. Currently we have to search the list for the user's extension no. (the no. is stored in a field on their GL user setup).

Both Call Manager and AD have the user's extension no. also... so if only we could get that info somehow, we would not have to maintain their phone details in multiple areas.

Any ideas muchly appreciated...

Cheers,
    Tim